Recommendations for groups
Pleasurable hours and days in Freising are packed with fascinating discoveries and experiences in one of the most venerable cities in Southern Germany.
Freising’s warm, welcoming character unfolds between Cathedral Hill and its imposing Baroque church as the centre of episcopal rule, the historic secular city and the lavishly blooming gardens of Weihenstephan Hill.
Freising is the ideal destination for groups seeking a day excursion or stopover. Boredom is banished by our city guides with their tales of the city’s rich history, the friendly shopkeepers in the quirky boutiques along the street, and the hospitable restaurant owners, well practised in making large groups feel at home.
Our tips for a fun and fascinating day on your group trip:
- Take a tour of Freising – various themed tours are available and can be booked at the Tourist Information Office.
- White Sausage, Beer and Pretzels” – Old Bavaria’s version of culinary heaven: taster tours with a host of information about the traditional veal sausages. Book at the Tourist Information Office.
- Tour including beer tasting in the world’s oldest brewery.
- Stroll through the gardens at Weihenstephan or visit to a beer garden.
- Guided tour of nearby Munich International Airport with behind-the-scenes insights.
- Night Watchman Tour (costumed tour with actors in Freising city centre, also in English).
- Visit a cultural event: theatre, concerts, musicals and much more.
Our service for coach companies and excursion planners:
- Conveniently located coach park
- We provide you with free information material in advance (simply request the quantity you need) and free brochures when you arrive.
- We supply photos and texts for your advertising in advance.
- Freising Tourist Information Office provides specialist professional consulting and support before and during your stay.
- dvance ticket sales for events in Freising, e.g. Freising Cathedral concerts, theatre productions
Freising – the destination for your group trip
All details and many more valuable tips are summarised in our group brochure, downloadable here (currently available in German only).