Getting to Freising
Freising is situated in Upper Bavaria in the environs of Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Regular S-Bahn (suburban train) services connect the cities. Freising is close to Munich International Airport and lies between the regional centres of Augsburg, Landshut and Regensburg. At the heart of Upper Bavaria, it is naturally easy to reach from all directions.
Getting here by coach
Coach alighting point: in front of Altstadtparkhaus in the third lane on the right (satnav entry: Alois-Steinecker-Strasse 20) or in the stopping bay for city buses opposite the fire station on Dr.- von-Daller- Strasse/ corner of Angerbadergasse (satnav entry: Dr. - von - Daller - Str. 7)
Coach parking: "Korbiniansbrücke" (corner of Luitpoldstrasse/ Erdinger Strasse) oder Luitpoldanlage (satnav setting: Luitpoldstrasse 1)
No parking during the Uferlos festival (mid-May to mid-June) or during the Volksfest (end of August to mid-September)
Getting here by car
On the A9 Munich–Nuremberg autobahn: A9 towards Nuremberg then take A92 autobahn towards Deggendorf / Passau, exit at Freising-Mitte, continue on the 2350 towards Freising Stadtmitte (city centre).
On the A9 Nuremberg–Munich autobahn: exit at Allershausen, continue on the 2084 to Freising.
On the A8 Augsburg–Munich autobahn: from the A8, take the A92 autobahn towards Deggendorf / Passau, exit at Freising-Mitte, continue on the 2350 towards Freising Stadtmitte (city centre).
Large car parks, free:
- Luitpoldanlage, Luitpoldstrasse 1, 85354 Freising (note: closed because of cultural events from approx. mid-May to start of June and from mid-August to mid-September)
- Park & Ride at train station, Luitpoldstrasse, 85354 Freising
Large car parks, pay:
- Angerbadergasse, Angerbadergasse, 85354 Freising
- Kammergasse, Kammergasse 12, 85354 Freising
- Wippenhauser Straße, Wippenhauser Straße 6, 85354 Freising
- Am Landratsamt, Landshuter Straße 31, 85356 Freising
- Alois-Steinecker-Straße, Alois-Steinecker-Straße 18, 85354 Freising (private car park hospital)
Multi-storey car parks
Cashless payment with debit and credit cards is possible in these multi-storey car parks.
There is a charging option for your e-vehicles (Schuko 230 V) in the three multi-storey car parks: You fill up with 100 percent renewable electricity - only the parking fees are charged.
- Parkhaus am Wörth, Bahnhofstraße 16, 85354 Freising
- Altstadt Parkhaus, Alois-Steinecker-Straße 20, 85354 Freising
- Parkhaus Untere Altstadt, Dr.-von-Daller-Straße 9, 85354 Freising
For more information on the above car parks (opening hours, charges etc.) visit the Freisinger Stadtwerke website (currently available in German only).
There is also a paid multi-storey car park in the city centre:
- Parkhaus Sparkasse, Weizengasse, 85354 Freising
Parking in the city
Electric vehicle charging stations in Freising
Stadtwerke Freising utility company provides several public charging stations for electric vehicles in Freising, which are accessible around the clock:
- Freisinger Stadtwerke (2 x 22 kW), Wippenhauserstr. 19
- Landratsamt Freising (2 x 22 kW), Landshuter Str. 31
- Angerbadergasse (4 x 22 kW), Angerbadergasse (access via Dr.-v.-Daller-Strasse only)
- Savoyer Au (4 x 22 kW), Savoyer Au
- Luitpoldanlage (2 x 22 kW), Luitpoldstraße 1
- Mainburger Straße (2 x 22k W), near house number 3
- Schlüterstraße ( 4 x 22 Kw)
- Weihenstephaner Straße (2 x 22 kW), Am Lindenkeller
- Wippenhauser Straße (4 x 22 kW), near house number 6
Other charging facilities are available at the car parks operated by Stadtwerke Freising (see above).
For more information about the charging station features and payment methods, visit the Stadtwerke Freising website (currently available in German only).
Caravans, RVs and camper vans can park in Freising for a maximum of 24 hours at the parking lot below. Please note that this is only a parking spot close to the city centre and does not offer any camping services or infrastructure.
Parking lot at Korbiniansbrücke Freising (Luitpoldstrasse)
Getting here by train
Freising is served by regional trains to and from Munich and Landshut, the train line RE 22 (airport via Freising to Moosburg) and the S1 suburban train line of the Munich Transport Authority. Arrival and departure times can be found online at the following timetable information sites:
Deutsche Bahn AG timetable information (trains)
Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund timetable information (Munich Transport Authority suburban trains)
A Deutsche Bahn service centre is located at Freising railway station (click here for information about the travel center).
Recorded timetable information is available at: 0800/1507090
Getting here by air
Freising is just five kilometres away from Munich International Airport, serving countless national and international destinations. The city bus line 635 runs from Freising railway station directly to the airport arrival and departure terminal. The journey takes 20 minutes.
Timetable for the 635 bus